Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Batters Up!

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

It began with a tap, tap, tap at four twenty-three a.m.

Mom: Huh?

Greyson: Mom, may I watch TV?

Mom: Um, buddy it is four a.m. You can at five.

At 4:50 the alarm clock buzzes, I slip on my sneakers and brush my teeth (Yes, I slept in my knit capris and T-shirt I slipped into after church-they are good enough to walk in.) I walk by the TV room to find Grey sitting on the loveseat with the remote in hand.

Mom: I take it you couldn’t sleep.

Grey: I am too nervous, Mom.

Mom: You may turn the TV on.

After my walk I come home to all the boys awake and their beds made. Funny that. They tell me they want cereal. I look in the fridge-NO MILK!

Mom: Sorry, guys. You get pancakes.

Boys: OK.

Jace: Are you sure you will not ruin them, Mom. (Hello? I have made pancake 100 times, and once and only once, I put eggs in the waffle batter and ate a little science experiment like breakfast. No harm done, but I will never live it down.)

Morning goes pretty well. Lunches, check. Outfits, check. Backpacks, check. Epi-pen, check. We are off!

Oops. Sorry guys, I forgot the camera. Argh! Alas- no photos for the blog. Sorry. I will improve for next week’s post.

Found our dots. Found our friends. Life is good. Jitters gone.

Return home to the three. ( Thank you to Backyard Grandma who helps me by watching them while I walk to school. Who’s idea was it again for Backyard Grandma to live in our backyard? - GENIOUS!)

Trip to Target and Costco- ouch. Refer back to comment about NO MILK. Costco was a bank breaker this go-around. Return home with hot dogs and soda.

Jace: I am glad we go to Costco. I have missed hot dogs and soda.

Cooper: I like soda. I don’t like food. (This is true. He prefers drinks to food. He is so his father’s son.)

Brooke crashed on the way home. The house was soooooo quiet. Gage really fills up the space with noise. Bubs (Jace) played Legos with Cooper for an hour. Cooper reluctantly takes a nap. Jace and I read books, play cards, and do laundry.

3:15 go back and get the boys. Yikes! There is a reason I do not pick them up in the afternoon—that school is a zoo! We found all 7! Yes, my three, and four neighbors.

Oh, the paperwork. In between the paperwork, I made cookies for family night (Ya, I should have done that during the Lego playtime/reading/nap time), and then we went to Café Rio with Grandma.

That night we played baseball in the park. Fulfilling and Grey was soooooo tired! He fell asleep before his head hit the pillow. Aiden has decided that despite being a lefty, he will throw with his right hand!

First Day of School- A HIT! We are still running towards first base, but it appears like we will survive and maybe even score a few runs.

1 comment:

Shannon W. said...

I am always amazed at what you get done. My brain couldn't function at your level. My kids miss you too. Can't tell you how many times I've heard "Sister Bishop was so much fun." "Sister Bishop wasn't boring like this." "Sister Bishop plays Apples to Apples with all of her kids." We bought Apples to Apples Jr and think of you every time we play.