Just a few boyish details to share....
1. Jace and Cooper went to the firestation for preschool on Thursday. They loved it and talked about it for days. Cooper then asked me, "what do firefighters do?" I laughed and laughed. Apparantly when you are three and go to the fire station and see guys pretty much living in a big house with a kitchen, TVs, a family room, and a work out room, they are not sure what their job is.
2. Nascar Truck Races! What do you get when you take seven children (Aiden brought an extra)to the truck races? Six little boys who STARE as they search the track for their beloved truck #18 with m & m's plastered on the hood and side. They loved it. Where else can you take 7 children, and they literally sit for two hours straight? Even Brooke practically sat for the entire time too. My sister gave us free tickets. They loved them Aunt Cory- thank you!
3. Mitch's co-worker's husband died earlier last week, and we had the viewing this afternoon for him. This was quite the ordeal. It involved packing lunches for the kids in the car and eating them while we journeyed across town to Palm after church. Cooper slept while the other boys ate string cheese, apples (from Gilcrease that Mitch picked early Saturday morning), and pb&j. We get to the cemetary and despite eating lunch in the car, with just a little tie adjusting, they look pretty sharp. I wake Cooper up and while holding him on my hip and retucking Jace's shirt, Cooper proceeds to go to the bathroom while he is sitting on me. This, of course, happens literally when we are moments into going into a funeral home. Luckily I had bottles of water for the boys to drink so I proceed to undress myself and wring out my clothing with the bottles of water in the parking lot (in between two suburbans- I am TALENTED!). Michelle Pjeifer in One Fine Day I was not, but pretty close. Cooper had a change of clothing in the car (khaki shorts mind you-yes!), and I was wearing black, so it worked out just fine. Until I got in to the funeral home to give a girl friend of mine from elementary school (a mututal friend of the deceased) and her mom a hug so I had to explain why I was all wet. What more can they expect from a mom of six children? It makes for a funny memory- thanks, Scoops!
2 comments:
You sooooo have to read "Knucklehead." It's a book! It's written by the author of "The Stinky Cheeseman" and it's about his life growing up in a family of six boys. You are going to love it! I am still laughing . . .
Ha ha ha! You are amazing with your packed lunches, extra water bottles, and spare clothing in the car. I think the Lord knows that I am too high strung to have boys. Love it.
Post a Comment