Wednesday, December 17, 2008

EUREKA!

Just a quick update. North Las Vegas Police found my truck near Craig and Clayton. It was out of gas and the battery was dead (the punks didn't shut it off after they ran it out of gas). NLVPD had it towed to a yard. This all happened on SUNDAY evening! I first found out on Monday afternoon from my insurance. They called to get some information and mentioned that it was good news that my car had been recovered. I said that was the first I had heard that. I still have never received a call from Metro or any other police on my car. You know, it only cost me an extra $100 since I didn't get my car until Tues. Had I gone down on Sunday or Monday, it would have been a lot cheaper.

I have since gone to the tow yard twice (apparently everyone should carry wads of cash just in case you have to get your car out of impound). So $245 later and some effort of my brother-in-law, Derek, and me, my truck is now at the dealership. It didn't look too bad. The door lock is busted and so is the ignition. Other than that and all my stuff in the glove box and console being strewn all over the place, it was pretty clean.

So it is back. We'll find out how much it will cost to fix. Hopefully I don't have to make a claim, because in the long run, that will cost me more money. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

heddomarie said...

Glad you guys found it!

Rohan Shearer said...

So glad you found it!