Tuesday, September 16, 2008

NO SWIMMING?!?



So we didn't pass our inspection on Monday. Come to find out, the gunite guys thought we were getting pavers up to the edge (don't get me started again on why these guys don't look at plans) so our steps were not tall enough. So the gunite guys were back this morning to add two inches of concrete to the steps so that the entry step won't be more than 12 inches down. Now mind you, with plaster, the step would have been 12 1/2 inches, so that 1/2 inch really would make it unsafe. Whatever. I know there has to be one of those "not dating until you're 16" or some other slippery slope parables in there, but right now it just means that I'm not swimming for a few more days. Oh I will be swimming, even if I have to pull something like this:



Or maybe it will be hot tubbing on Halloween, but I will be swimming sometime soon, dang it!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

I wish I could swim on Halloween. We'll probably get snow dangit!