Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Milestones INDEED!

Bubs is potty trained, and we celebrated with Happy Meals for ALL! I thought since all the boys have helped Bubs be successful at getting to the bathroom in a timely fashion, all of their efforts certainly warranted a reward as well. Last night for family night we ate happy meals and longingly awaited the opening of the happy meal toy (Batman legos- another victory for the boys too!) You see I do not allow them to open the toy in the restaurant, for one often sees discarded toys left behind and that allows for future toy crying emergencies. Besides, what’s the harm in delaying gratification a little while longer?

Cooper has also forgotten about his beloved binki! Well, we are not certain if he has forgotten about it, but alas, he is unable to use one. I decided to cut him off the same day I cut Bubs off from the diapers. All in all it was fine, however, Coop has been battling the sniffles so he has been a little grumpy. Some nights are better than others. He has yet to find one so for now, he appears content without one. I suspect as he gets around his cousin Luke, there will be some serious binki envy. What’s a cousin for if you can’t fight ‘em for his binki.

Gage, Grey, and Aiden LOVE school. I helped out in Greyson’s class last week and let’s just say that Mrs. Bailey put me to work! It was fun, and I continually laughed at the Kindergarteners’ comments. I think every Kindergarten teacher has to have the best material for characters and plots for children’s books! Perhaps my dream to be an author must follow a stint in the Kindergarten classroom.

And the final milestone will be news about the newest Bishop…
I had a little scare this morning when I went to the doctor. As she attempted to hear the baby’s heart rate, she could not find one. Since I am only 16 weeks and I had not yet heard the baby’s heart, this made me a little nervous. I said to myself, “and why is Mitch not here with me?” We went into the ultrasound room (which they never use unless there is a problem) and she said, “no worries!” The baby was moving a ton and kicking everywhere! The heart was strong. She concluded that she was unable to detect it because the baby was cruising all over. Relief coursed through my body. She also searched and searched for a good look at his or her bits and pieces- BUT NOPE. The baby was uncooperative. I told her that I did not want to know, and she said she couldn't hardly stand not knowing, and it was not even her little one. I told her to commiserate with all of my sisters and sisters-in-law. They want my head on a platter for making them wait. Sorry guys. We are still not finding out.

No comments: