Because we knocked down the wall to put in the door into Mom's garage, we had to put new block up so we could put the gate back. Since we won't pass inspection until that gate is up, I spent yesterday putting the block up. Thanks to Derek, my brother-in-law, we were able to bang it out in the morning. Nothing like manual labor to make you glad for education! Really, it is quite fun and rewarding doing these little projects. I just wish I could take off of work for a month to get them all done.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
The Money Pit
As much as we are excited about our pool, it really should be called the money pit. I think the thing would have seriously cost less if I had dug a hole in the backyard and filled it with $100 bills. Really, we have stayed on budget and on schedule, it is just really hard shelling out so much in such a short amount of time. Also, we may be saving money doing it owner/builder (acting as the contractor) but it really takes a lot of time and effort to coordinate all of the sub-contractors. We just got gunite on Friday, so things are clicking along!


Because we knocked down the wall to put in the door into Mom's garage, we had to put new block up so we could put the gate back. Since we won't pass inspection until that gate is up, I spent yesterday putting the block up. Thanks to Derek, my brother-in-law, we were able to bang it out in the morning. Nothing like manual labor to make you glad for education! Really, it is quite fun and rewarding doing these little projects. I just wish I could take off of work for a month to get them all done.

Because we knocked down the wall to put in the door into Mom's garage, we had to put new block up so we could put the gate back. Since we won't pass inspection until that gate is up, I spent yesterday putting the block up. Thanks to Derek, my brother-in-law, we were able to bang it out in the morning. Nothing like manual labor to make you glad for education! Really, it is quite fun and rewarding doing these little projects. I just wish I could take off of work for a month to get them all done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment