The other day before Aiden left for school, he pulled his tooth out. He tucked it away in his tooth fairy pillow, and he waited. The following morning he joins the party bed (Yes, when they wake up on weekends, they often come to our room and climb inside.) and waits for his siblings to leave (Thank you for that, wise one!). When it is just Aiden and his old mom and pop, he declares, "Well I have proof! There is no tooth fairy. I lost my tooth yesterday morning and I put it under my pillow and this morning, I had no money. (smile)" Mitch and I bust up and then know that he is growing up. He is 10 now despite his mom wanting him to stay little. I know that he has only one more year of elementary school. I know that very soon I am going to be a drag and the lady who just does not get it. I dreaded for the beginning of this period, but he is still a terrific kid, and we will keep him all the same. He waves his age of innocence off exubberantly as I cling to it and let go only because I can not hold on any longer, but I am sure that this too is a part of growing up. I have many milestones ahead, but for some reason, this one almost creates a tear in this woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment