Monday, October 04, 2010

Hijole! Que Salsa!

When I found out that I could get 20 lbs. of tomatoes for $10, I thought to my self, "I should get like 40 lbs. of tomatoes and make like a ton of salsa! Ya, and I'll use child labor, er, I'll get my kids to help and it'll be one of those bonding experiences!"

Here's part of the 30 pints we did. While not a ton, it was tough enough.


Here's the family part. I had the kids separate the cilantro from the stems. See how much fun Jace is having!


OK, so I guess it wasn't that bad.
Woo wee mama! I was roasting, blending, canning for what seemed like forever, but now we have a pretty good supply of salsa. Maybe it will get Kim through the next two months - she does like the spicy stuff.

1 comment:

kh said...

holy cow...that's a ton of salsa! Serious cilantro chopping, too.