Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Three Long Days



Two weekends ago, Mitch took Friday and Monday off so that we could finish a few projects around the house....Well, the play structure is FANTASTIC, but it took nearly his entire weekend- ARGH! On Friday, we graded the dirt and I labeled the hardware and the lumber for four hours! His brother helped him begin, but technical difficulties prevailed. Another story for another day! On Saturday we awoke at 6:30 a.m. and he worked all day until 4:00 to go to priesthood. And on Monday, his Dad and then brother again came over and he worked the entire day. I did help, but I provided windows of help since I have five boys who need me. I guess I am indispensible after all!



The shelves, airplane teeter totter (from Grandma Kathleen and Grandpa John), and Backyard Grandma's internet had to wait until this past weekend. Yes, the swings are still unattached since the ground is so hard that he bent the stakes and we need to purchase new ones. Gotta love projects in Las Vegas.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

that's the same weekend we did our playset outback, and i use the term "we" liberally. but yours looks gerat, i bet the boys just love it. that will buy you some afternoons of peace :)

heddomarie said...

Wow! I would have loved a back yard like that when I was a kid! Looks good.. do you want another little boy to come play? hehe.

-Heather McDonald (Lisa's daughter)

Jennifer said...

the playset looks great!! I tried to talk chris into the airplane thing but he said NO!!!
Thanks for havin us over...we had a great time and my kids are still talkin about your boys!!