Yes. I am embarrassed to admit that my seven year old is finally able to ride a two wheeler. The funny thing is that he essentially got on the bike and rode. HE DID NOT FALL ONCE! I ran behind him two times and he was balancing so well I said, "Try it yourself." He no sooner started pedalling and he was four houses away and said, "Mom, I think I am riding." I laughed. Yes, indeed, I think so! Now only if it was that easier for the others. Aiden and I did enjoy a picnic breakfast with Lex, his cousin and her friend, Emma to celebrate his accomplishments. We rode our bikes to the park and had mangoes and cinnamon struesel coffee cake- Aiden loved it and the girls hated it, but, oh well! The next weekend, Mitch and Aiden rode their bikes back from Grandma's house (about 3 miles- maybe 4), and Aiden is asking when we can ride to the grocery store. Funny thing, Aiden...when you are buying groceries for a family of 7, no basket alive can fit all that food. Gotta love the reasoning of 7 yo! Grey is anxious to learn, but we have a few weekends of front yards and backyards, so that may be put on the back burner for a few weeks.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
On Two Wheels- FINALLY!!!!
Yes. I am embarrassed to admit that my seven year old is finally able to ride a two wheeler. The funny thing is that he essentially got on the bike and rode. HE DID NOT FALL ONCE! I ran behind him two times and he was balancing so well I said, "Try it yourself." He no sooner started pedalling and he was four houses away and said, "Mom, I think I am riding." I laughed. Yes, indeed, I think so! Now only if it was that easier for the others. Aiden and I did enjoy a picnic breakfast with Lex, his cousin and her friend, Emma to celebrate his accomplishments. We rode our bikes to the park and had mangoes and cinnamon struesel coffee cake- Aiden loved it and the girls hated it, but, oh well! The next weekend, Mitch and Aiden rode their bikes back from Grandma's house (about 3 miles- maybe 4), and Aiden is asking when we can ride to the grocery store. Funny thing, Aiden...when you are buying groceries for a family of 7, no basket alive can fit all that food. Gotta love the reasoning of 7 yo! Grey is anxious to learn, but we have a few weekends of front yards and backyards, so that may be put on the back burner for a few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yah Aiden!!! Congrats on the bike...i don't even think i can ride a bike anymore it has been so long.
Grif learned to ride a while back but his bike rusted out and I haven't gotton him a new one yet. Maybe this birthday and I will have to teach him all over again. Is he riding all the time now?
Post a Comment