
One of my more favorite movies when I was younger was Top Gun. That movie is ripe with one-liners, suspense and fast, fast jets! What more could a little geek want?("He's going ballistic Mav, go get 'em!") It is hard to think of the 80s and not think of Top Gun...and neon shoelaces...and Alf, but I digress. Being 10 or 11 when I saw the movie, I remember the major distraction in what, in my mind back then, could have been the greatest movie of all time. Don't pretend that you don't know what part I am talking about. "Take my breath awwwwaaaaayyyyy!!!!!" You with me yet? I just remember thinking, "That must be how lizards kiss."
Well, fast forward that Betamax to today. There we were, watching some sort of totally innocent movie with our kids - I think it was of the latest Disney variety, something like Enchanted or whatever - when a kissing scene comes on. Well with five little boys in the house, Kim and I hear all kinds of "ewwwwwws" and "groooosssss!" whenever there is a kissing scene in a movie. However, this particular night Aiden exclaims, "Yuck, they're crab kissing!"
Not familiar with the mating habits of crustaceans, I asked my 7-year-old to elucidate the matter. He says, "Well their mouths are going like this (he makes little claws with his hands and starts clicking them together) kind of like crab claws, Dad." Kim and I laughed hysterically - at the same time, though, I quickly canceled any mental plans I had to visit Sea World with the boys any time soon. There will be no crab kissing on my watch, thank you very much!
4 comments:
Just had to tell you guys I loved Aiden's story and illustrations! So impressive! Hope you all are doing well, we need to have your family over for a BBQ and swim this summer.
Hey Kim! How funny to stumble upon your darling blog. Your boys are so handsome and cute. Kids crack me up by some of the things they say and do. See you Sunday.
Kris Watkins
How funny! I can't wait until Kenny is talking and saying silly stuff like that. :)
Hey, we might be making a trip down to St. George around the 24th of july. We are waiting to figure out what Taggs work schedule is like and I will let you know.
Boy, I was in love with Tom Cruise for years because of that movie. Now that I look at that picture, he looks like such a little kid! Too funny about the crabs. At least it was such an innocent (and accurate!) analogy, kids grow up too fast these days!
Post a Comment