Yikes- another month has come and gone! I will again list occurrences in effort to be short and sweet.
1. I taught for the first two weeks of the preschool co-op. We had a great time. This time, they are all young- all of them have two years before they start school. It has been fun and interestingly enough, they finish everything in warp speed. I have actually finished everything on my lesson plans. I am either getting better at estimating the time or they are just speedy. We talked about friendship and ourselves. Grey and Gage loved it. Jace went to a friend’s house that I swap with when we teach. Jace had fun at the Hendrick’s. He did get a war wound though! He got his neck caught in the buckle of the car seat. Jen dropped him off and she was in tears, but Jace and the great boy that he is was not even crying. Jen felt so bad and is still feeling bad about it. I told her nothing is as bad as me dropping babies off the bed and the couch when they are two weeks old.
2. We went and weeded a few neighbor’s houses for service. The irony was that we hardly did any weeding. Everyone’s yards were weed free! The boys had a great time picking up leaves and clearing the few weeds that we did find. We did it more for the thought I guess anyways. It is not like any of these families would recommend our work force for future jobs- lol!
3. Grey has been having a weekly play day with a friend his age- yes! It seems like Aiden is always getting invitations, but Grey gets so few. Finally he is making friends at school, and he loves being big. He knows most of his letters now so we are working on the sounds. He wants to read like Aiden- too funny. We will probably go to the library tomorrow.
4. Aiden got to go to the races with a friend from preschool last year- what a social agenda! He has been to three parties and two evenings out with friends in the last 6 weeks. He thought the ride to the racetrack was better than the actual truck races- go figure! What are you 5??!!
5. Aiden has begun soccer again. He is just not aggressive. I guess this is a good trait as well, but it does nothing for his showmanship on the field. We are an entire team of five year olds so I do not need to tell you that we are not winning in the league. Some teams just tower over us. Aiden is literally the tallest on our team, but since he has no killer instinct, it does not do much for us. We have a little spitfire named Emily who can race down the field like a champ! She will be even better once we get her to score more consistently. I guess last week Aiden came so close to scoring. I had to leave the game to catch a shower of a friend of mine who is getting married so I left him in the hands of his aunt. She said that he was so close to scoring. I am sad that he did not make a goal, but I am also glad that I did not miss it.
6. Roadshows have begun again. We did them four years ago—it is crazy to think that we worked on them that long ago. I am collaborating on the script again, but Mitch came up with the idea. We are bringing flowers and trees to life and of course corny one-liners are all over the place. I am excited to do the costumes. I do not know how much time I will have, but I for sure want to help. Perhaps Mitch will even star in it. He is always a sucker for corny and chippy.
7. We have had a consistent park day after school on Wednesdays and the boys love it. We bring sack lunches and the boys get DIRTY! When I give them a bath on Wednesday morning I always say, man, I forgot again- Bathe after the park on Wednesday!
8. Mitch got himself a brand new 2007 Silverado Chevy truck. It is beautiful- granite blue. He wants new rims, but I told him he has to wait a while because the stock ones are just fine. His brother is looking into getting him a deal on it…boys will be boys even when they are 31!
9. Gager is a walking disaster area. He has 7 bumps/bruises/scratches on his face alone! I cannot even tell you were they have come from. He sliced off the skin on his big toe so he is literally hobbling around. He still runs like a Telly Tubby even with a sore toe. He wears his batman mask and cape everyday and I tie his cape on him at least 15 times. He wants to wear his Batman T-shirt or train T-shirt everyday as well. He is one of a kind, but he is talking like he is 7 not 2. He even signs I love you to me with his right hand. Sometimes he cannot put down his ring finger when he does it so he physically has to push it down and growls at his finger and says for it to stop coming up!
10. Jaceroo is as good and sweet as ever. He says Da Da now and even says Aiden when I am hollering at Aiden to come help me or finish some task that I have asked him to do. Well he does not articulate "Aiden," but he says "A-en." It is so absolutely adorable. Still no mama that I can make out. The boys tell me that he has said it, but when I try to illicit the same response, Jace simply flashes me his most adorable smile! We went to the DMV the other morning (It took only 22 minutes.) and the clerk said Jace was so cute and he flashed her a smile when she said it. Oh, she got such a kick out of that. It was priceless. She told me to put him in the movies if he is such a ham. Too funny!
Well I cannot think of the usual funny stories. I have a list of 7 things to share form over the last 5 weeks, but I do not know what the references mean. Nice, eh? I have words just jotted down and I remember a little about it, but not enough to share a story. Man, I need to do this more often. Just for the record, we have no Internet at home. We have been going to neighbor’s and family’s houses to use it. So needless to say, I have not read any email in a month. I think we will be getting something. We just do not know what to get. We will probably get dial up again even though it is so dang SLOW! I just have no time to really get online anyways. I hate wasting money on it.
Take care and I hope to have another newsletter sooner than later. I teach preschool again this next week so I know it will be at least another two weeks.
Love, The Bishops
No comments:
Post a Comment